The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies has released a special issue on refugee children and their families, featuring articles and resources available at no cost through the end of September.
Resources on Children & Youth
- Return on Investment: The Case for Early Childhood Development
- Making Editors and News Consumers Care
- Infancia Plena: A Case Study of Best Policy Practice in Ecuador
- Cultural Interpretations of ECD: A Global Tour of Assumptions
- Data-Driven, Data-Informed: Telling High Impact Stories on ECD
- View all Children & Youth Multimedia
- June 25, 2018
A deeply humane and riveting piece that follows the Marin family through the arrest and deportation of their mother. Judges called “Losing Gloria” a “beautifully written,” “crucial story” that shows how people “metabolize the trauma of a singular moment.” Originally published in The California Sunday Magazine in June, 2017.
This meticulously reported series offers a ground level, panoramic view of the devastating and profound impact of gun violence on children's lives. The results, at once harrowing and revelatory, provide a fresh and compelling look at one of the most pressing issues of our time. Judges called this package a "remarkable series spanning multiple events of violence, each examined with unflinching clarity and emotional rawness." Originally published by The Washington Post between April - December, 2017.
- March 6, 2018
The Dart Center is offering a four-day global reporting institute for journalists on early childhood development, trauma, and resilience June 28 - July 1 at Columbia Journalism School in New York City. The application deadline has passed.
- View More Posts On Children & Youth